Join our law firm’s five-star, award-winning team. Our paralegals assist trial lawyers in a team dynamic by preparing legal documents, scheduling arbitrations/mediations/court hearings, filing and serving legal documents, and preparing discovery. The successful candidate will provide exceptional technical assistance during all phases of the litigation process. The work is challenging but incredibly rewarding. You will work on multi-million dollar lawsuits and gain firsthand experience with high-stakes insurance disputes representing the Insured. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Most of our team joined us more than a decade ago, with each member contributing to our record-setting success. In fact, you will be replacing a paralegal who is retiring after holding this position for the last 18 years. There has been no turnover for this position. Our Tampa-based law firm has helped hundreds of property owners and other Insureds throughout Florida recover more than $500 million in compensation. We are a true boutique law firm and small batch version of the legal community, respected and feared by insurance companies for our results in the courtroom. If you think you might be a good fit for this position, please review the Job Responsibilities and Requirements below, and then send your Resume and other supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prepare legal documents for both State and Federal Court;
- Coordinate service of process;
- Maintain case files;
- Conduct pre-claim investigation, legal research, and initial case assessments;
- Maintain court calendars;
- Development Project Management Schedules;
- Maintain litigation timetables;
- Draft pleadings, motions, and appellate documents and file them with the court;
- Perform legal research for attorneys;
- Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs, and appendices;
- Perform notary functions;
- Liaise between trial teams, clients, witnesses, and internal/external third parties; and
- Aid attorneys with interrogatories and other discovery requests.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- Three years of experience involving litigation paralegal work, in both State and Federal Courts;
- Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules and procedures, practices, etc. in Florida;
- Highly organized with ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong writing and communication skills along with attention to detail;
- Extensive computer and database expertise;
- Excellent research and investigation skills; and
- Ability to prioritize workload and assignments.
Next Step: Please send your resume and other materials to email@example.com.